Converting Licenses and Ratings
As a candidate with previous flight experience, you’ve dedicated time, hard work and money in achieving your pilot training goals. California Flight Academy recognizes the importance of this investment and will assist you in understanding the process of converting this experience to the U.S.
If you have completed previous flight hours only (no licenses or ratings), we are pleased to consider transferring these hours to CFA. Please complete the Request Information form above or call (619) 448-2212 to speak with an Admissions Advisor for further details.
If you have completed a foreign license or rating (including Private Pilot License, Instrument Rating, or Commercial Multi-Engine Rating), please complete the steps below to convert to a U.S. FAA license or rating:
- Download, print and complete the following form: Verification of Authenticity of Foreign License, Rating and Medical Certification
This form can be downloaded at:
Note for question 11 - Enter the following as your Flight Standard District Office (FSDO):
Flight Standard District Office
8525 Gibbs Drive
San Diego, CA 92123
- Obtain a legible copy of your foreign pilot license and medical license or endorsement. Include a copy of the English transcription of your license, if applicable.
- Once completed, send these documents to the FAA by one of the following methods:
Federal Aviation Administration
Airmen Certification Branch, AFS-760
P.O. Box 25082
Oklahoma City, OK 73125-0082
Fax number: (405) 954-9922
- Once the FAA receives your documents, they will verify your documents with the proper foreign authorities and issue a Verification of Authenticity Letter to the San Diego FSDO location indicated. A copy will be sent to you via mail. Please note this process takes 45 to 90 days on average. We recommend you begin the process as soon as possible.
NOTE that you may still apply, enroll and begin your flight training at CFA while your Verification of Authenticity Letter is being processed.
If you need additional assistance with this process, please contact your Admissions Advisor at email@example.com
or call (619) 448-2212.
“I just reached India two days ago and everyone was pleased to congratulate me for completing the course in such a short period. I really enjoyed living and flying with the CFA family and had a great time.”
- Jujhar Singh, CFA Student